Hey guys! I’ve been M.I.A. for a long time (sorry!) but I am back and so excited to share with you one of my favorite recipes! I make these burgers a few times a month and they are saucy, yummy goodness! I use ground turkey for the patty but you could also use ground chicken if you prefer. DO NOT skip the tandoori onions, they are my greatest creation! If I’m bbq-ing I make extra onions and put them on hot dogs– SOO GOOD!!
Also, the title “crack sauce” comes from my husband and his love for this sauce on basically everything! Its just a cilantro jalapeño sauce thats perfectly cooling against the smokiness of the burger and tandoori onions in this recipe!
I make the burgers on a cast iron skillet, but its summer time so you could definitely grill these outdoors and if you’re cooking for a crowd, instead of making giant burgers- make smaller burger patties and serve them as sliders!
I also like to make the sauce two days ahead of time and keep it in one of those squeeze bottles so it makes life easy if I’m serving these to a lot of guests.
If you want to do like ZERO work but still have amazing burgers, you can also just use frozen burger patties but still make the tandoori onions and the crack sauce which adds so much flavor that you won’t even miss the homemade patty!
Enjoy! As always, if you have questions about this recipe, comment below this post and I will get back to you asap! Thank You <3
Masala Turkey Burgers with Tandoori Onions & Crack Sauce
Yield 8 Sliders
- 16 oz. ground turkey
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 Tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 Red Onion, Sliced
- 2 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp Swad Tandoori Masala
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the ground turkey meat and the rest of the ingredients until combined .
- Oil your hands lightly and make patties that are about 1/2 inch thick and about 4-5 inches in diameter (this will differ based on the size of bun you are using). Make sure the patties are leveled so they cook evenly.
- Place the burger patties in an oiled pan on medium high heat and cook for about 6-8 minutes on each side and until the meat is no longer pink and the burgers are browned on both sides.
- Melt cheese on the burgers before removing from pan and placing on buns.
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium low heat and continue to cook, stirring often, until the onions are cooked down and softened, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place 1-2 spoonfuls of onions on each burger patty.
- Spread the crack sauce on both buns and assemble the burger with lettuce, tomato, tandoori onions and drizzle some extra sauce right on top!