If you’re like me and you go to ANY restaurant and elotes aka mexican style street corn is on the menu- its an obvious HELL YES! I mean what’s not to like about it? You guys already know how much I love mayo and mexican food so this is a no brainer!
I took the easy way out and used frozen corn but its summer time and you can get some bangin’ corn right now- so please feel free to use fresh corn on the cob- grill it and then shave off the kernels and make this ! You can also microwave ears of corn in a wet paper towel and then using tongs- grill it over an open gas burner on your stove!
If you’re going to make it for a large gathering- tiny little disposable cups and mini spoons is a great idea- or just serve it in a giant bowl! I used this mexican street corn on top of this Black Bean & Quinoa Burger because im extra AF and have no limits to what I will top a burger with. #liveyolife
Enjoy the recipe and as always- Happy Eating 🙂
Mexican Street Corn
Yield 3-4 Servings
16 oz. bag frozen corn
1/3 cup finely diced red bell pepper
1/3 cup finely diced green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 3 large garlic cloves- grated
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced (1 serrano if you like it spicy)
- 1/3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tsp paprika (1 tsp chili powder if you want extra spice)
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2/3 cup mayo
- 1 tbsp finely chopped pickled jalapenos
- 3 tbsp juice from pickled jalapeno jar
- 1/4 cup cotija cheese crumbled
- drizzle of sriracha
- black pepper to taste
- squeeze of lime
- Rinse frozen corn in a colander and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet on medium high heat and add small drizzle of oil. Add the corn in a single layer and let it cook until the corn kernels begin to brown. This will take a few minutes but continue to cook until all of the corn is evenly charred.
- Remove the corn from the heat and combine with the rest of the ingredients. Serve with extra garnish of cilantro, cotija and lime juice if you like.