When I’m trying to stay healthy and cut carbs (worst thing ever) I eat a LOT of turkey kheema, so much that I pretty much got tired of it. I did however repurpose it a lot to make lunch for the hubby and that’s how these naan quesadillas came about. I love making spreads and sauces so I paired this with a roasted red pepper sauce to change it up a bit. I love the Stone Fire Naan and all of their pizza crusts etc. Their naan is made with quality ingredients and it is incredibly soft. They come in plain, garlic and whole wheat!
If you don’t have naan on hand, you can make these with flour tortillas, between two slices of bread, or just an open face naan pizza!
Turkey Kheema Naan-adillas with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Yield 4 people
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 20.8 oz package ground turkey
- 1 small onion, diced small
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 pepper corns
- 1 inch piece cinnamon
- 1 black cardamom
- ½ teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 tsps coriander-cumin powder (Dhana-Jiru)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne (lal marchu)
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 4 Naan (2 Packages Stone Fire Garlic Naan )
For the Roasted Red Pepper Sauce:
- 2 roasted red bell peppers
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley
- 3 sprigs green onion, sliced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- Squeeze of lemon
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Add oil to a large skillet over medium high heat
- Once oil is hot add bay leaves, peppercorns, cinnamon, cardamom and cumin seeds.
- Once the spices start to crackle, add chopped onion and cook for 6-8 minutes or until translucent. Add chopped ginger & garlic and cook until fragrant (2-3 minutes).
- Add remaining spices to skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add ground turkey to skillet and using the back of a wooden spoon, break up the turkey into small pieces. Continue to cook on medium high heat for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat once turkey is cooked all the way through and there is no longer any pink visible.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
Heat a separate skillet over medium heat. Smear butter in the bottom and place a naan in the skillet. Spread with roasted red pepper sauce, top with a generous amount of cheese, and sprinkle with turkey kheema. Place the other naan on top. Let it cook for a minute or two, until the cheese starts to melt. Use a spatula to flip it to the other side and let it cook until the cheese is totally melted and the edges of the naan start to sizzle.