I could not WAIT to share this recipe!! Ive been getting a lot of request for quick easy meals- that would also be good for lunch and so I thought of this enchilada quinoa! I’ve been wanting to make this for a while but kept thinking there are enough “mexican quinoa” recipes flooding the internet but whatever, I decided to go for it anyway and boy am I glad I did!
I am not a huge fan of quinoa but this- I could eat over and over. I mean if you let me put sour cream in something- I’ll eat pretty much all of it in one sitting! The best part of this dish is that it has simple ingredients and is made in ONE PAN!!!
I kept it super simple and it literally tastes like enchiladas- this is coming from someone whose favorite part of enchiladas is the tortillas soaked in enchilada sauce!! So yeah, you will not miss any of that in this creamy comforting goodness ! Feel free to make it more of a meal by adding some veggies, beans or corn but its great as is too!
One Pan Enchilada Quinoa
Yield 2-4 Servings
2 cans Old El Paso Enchilada Sauce
1 cup quinoa, uncooked
1 small onion, diced
1 small red bell pepper, diced
1 jalapeno, diced small
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 Tbsp Taco Seasoning
1/4 cup chopped scallions
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp oil
2 Tbsp Sour Cream
1/4 cup shredded mexican blend cheese
Optional Add In's: Few Dashes Hot Sauce, Cilantro, Black Beans, Corn.
- Heat a large skillet or pot over medium high heat and add oil.
- Add cumin to the pan and let splutter. Add jalapeños and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add onions, peppers, garlic and taco seasoning to the pan and saute until onions and peppers are slightly softened.
- Add quinoa, enchilada sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover lid and let cook for about 15 minutes. Check in between and stir if necessary (add splash of water if needed).
- Once the quinoa has cooked, add in the scallions, cheese, sour cream and serve immediately while hot!