We don’t eat a lot of plain rice in my house but I always make a little bit every week just so we can make some quick fried rice as a last minute lunch option! My husband loves all kinds of fried rice so I changed things up a little bit and made this masala pulav for him, and he loved it! I found myself picking at the green beans in here because of their juiciness and crunchiness, so try not to skip that veggie!
I used peppers in this recipe but feel free to substitute them or use other vegetables like asparagus, carrots, mushrooms or cabbage!
Happy Eating! 🙂
Masala Fried Rice
Yield 4 Servings
- 2 cups leftover rice
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 small green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 2 green chilis, finely diced
- 1/2 cup green beans, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1.5 tbsp Badshah Pav Bhaji Masala
- Salt to taste
- Chopped Cilantro for garnishing
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add oil. Once oil is hot add cumin seeds and chilis.
- Add green beans and let cook for 2-3 minutes. Add sliced peppers, onions and cook until halfway cooked, about 4-6 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, minced garlic, and pav bhaji masala and stir to combine well. Cook for additional 2-4 minutes.
- Add rice, salt and mix well until everything is combined.
- Serve hot with chopped cilantro as garnish.