Why make homemade granola?Its easy, and most importantly you can control the sugar content. A lot of packaged granola is filled with everything from chocolate chips to dried cranberries and although it tastes delicious, it adds a lot of unnecessary sugar content to a snack or topping that just doesn’t need it.
What if I don’t have coconut or almonds?If you don’t have shaved coconut slices, you could use frozen grated coconut, or skip this step. Try your best to make this with coconut oil however because that is necessary for the flavor and baking process. If you don’t have sliced almonds, try adding toasted chopped walnuts, pecans or even toasted seeds like sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds! I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as I did! Happy Eating 🙂
Coconut Cardamom Granola with Almonds
Yield 6-8 Servings
- 2 cups rolled old fashion oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup coconut slices, unsweetened
- 1/8 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- In a large bowl mix together the coconut oil and honey. Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and combine well.
- Spread the mixture on to a large rimmed baking sheet and place the tray in the middle rack of the oven.
- Bake for 25-20 minutes, until the mixture looks golden.
- Remove from oven, let cool and store in an air tight container.
- Enjoy as a snack, sprinkle it on yogurt or in a parfait!