Sweet Potato & Red Pepper Breakfast Skillet
3 cups sweet potato, peeled & diced
1/2 cup red onion, diced small
1 cup red bell pepper, diced small
1 jalepeno pepper, finely diced
3 garlic cloves, grated
1 teaspoon old bay seasoning
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
3 tablespoons oil
- Boil the sweet potatoes in a large pot of salted water until fork tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add two tablespoons of oil and add the onions and jalapeño.
- Once onions are translucent, add red peppers, garlic, salt and cook until peppers have softened. Transfer from skillet to a bowl.
- Add remaining 1 tbsp of oil to the skillet and add the drained sweet potatoes in a single layer.
- Cook potatoes until they are golden brown on all sides. Add onion and pepper mixture back into the pan and stir to combine.
- Make wells in the skillet and crack eggs into about 4 spaces.
- Cover pan and cook eggs until desired done-ness.
- Garnish with sliced avocado, sliced red long hot chilis, and fresh chives!
Note: You can also separately fry an egg and place it on top of the skillet (better option IMHO)
Recipe by The Chutney Life at https://thechutneylife.com/breakfast/sweet-potato-red-pepper-breakfast-skillet/