When people ask me what is a “MUST HAVE” for me in the kitchen, it is easily this cilantro chutney. This is a slight variation of my mom’s famous green chutney recipe (which she only makes in giant batches and I have not shared the exact recipe to that) but I promise you it’s a good one and it’s super versatile!
- My recipe calls for peanuts but you can skip this step if you like, it just makes for a thicker consistency
- If you want to make this a cilantro mint chutney, simply add mint
How to Make Cilantro Chutney:
- This is where having a high speed blender like this Vitamix really really pays off. You want chutneys to be super smooth and you want to add as little water as possible in the beginning. So keep scraping down the sides of your blender, and adding water in just a few spoonfuls at a time!
How to Store Cilantro Chutney:
- I make a big patch, pour it into a silicon ice cube tray and then once the ice cubes are set, I pop them out and put them in a freezer safe bag. Simply pop it in the microwave to defrost it or leave it in the refrigerator until it becomes soft.
- You can also store it in the refrigerator for upto a week