This preggo lady can’t drink but that doesn’t mean I don’t have my share of cocktail recipes to share with you guys!! I had two very willing college students taste testing these- so blame them if you dont like it! LOL
With that said, I really urge you to follow this recipe loosely!! People are more picky with their drink choices than they are with their food choices believe it or not. I, for one, will not ever ever touch vodka- I cant even be bothered with the smell of it! Therefore you will never see any vodka based cocktails on this site- just keeping it real!!
Also- people just like different things from their dirnks- some people like their cocktails a little sweeter- some like more fizz- and some like a lot less of the fancy stuff- and more of the hard stuff- so to each their own. Play around with this recipe and add or take away things as you see fit to your palate. Here are some general tips:
The Ginger Syrup:
- Will initially taste VERY strong and gingery- but remember it gets diluted ALOT when added to the juice- so don’t be afraid here!!
- You can make this a day ahead, strained and stored in a glass container in the fridge!
St. Germain Liqueur:
- This adds a floral note and good amount of sweetnesss so add more or less of this based on how sweet you want your drink to be! This will also take into play how sweet the juice you chose is ! Remember again this will be diluted once you actually add ICE to your drink.
- I used a cran-pomegranate mix- and loved it! Try hard as you can to find one that has no added sugar- as youll have this in the ginger syrup AND in the elderflower liqueur.
- Bubbly substances should always be used to “top off” your drink and not mixed right in – or its just going to go flat anyway. Instead of tonic water like I used- you could use a splash of sparkling wine, prosecco/champagne or even some ginger beer to top off your drink!! Leave some options with guests so they can choose! You can also leave little cups of different garnishes like sugared cranberries- lime wedges- or mint leaves so they can pick their own garnish too! Have some fun with it and know that you don’t have to do ALL of the work- people can have fun assembling their own cocktails!