You guys already know how obsessed I am with roasted veggies and so today this Curry Roasted Cauliflower should come as no surprise. Roasted veggies are so full of their natural flavor that you don’t need to hide them in a ton of spices (although it sure does make them interesting) and they pair well with pretty much any meal. I love eating a big bowl of roasted veggies with some goat cheese for lunch, throwing in any kind of rice or grain I have to make it heartier. I love doing combinations of veggies like red peppers, zucchini and eggplant or just roasting broccoli all by itself!
Tips on Roasted Veggies:
- Cut all of your veggies into equal sizes so they cook evenly as possible
- Do not overcrowd your pan! You want each piece to have enough space to cook and brown. Crowding them too closely together will result in more of a “steamed” vegetable than roasted
- Vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower are elevated even further when you cut them wide and flat. This increases their surface area resulting in more deliciously browned bits!
What Temperature Should I Roast Veggies?
- Do not be afraid of HIGH HEAT! I almost always set my oven between 375 to 400 degrees and I ALWAYS set a timer!! Start at about 15 minutes, take a peek in to see if the bottoms of the veggies are browning and if they’re fork tender. Once they’re brown on one side, flip them gently and set a timer for a few more minutes.
What Oil Should I Use for Roasted Veggies?
- Ideally an oil with a high smoke point like avocado oil or grapeseed oil will work best. If using extra virgin olive oil like my favorite Lucini Italia Premium Select Extra Virgin Olive Oil, roast at a lower heat around 350-375 degrees.
Spices for Roasted Veggies:
- Garlic Powder
- Curry Powder
- Chinese 5 Spice
- Paprika, Cayenne Pepper
- Cajun Seasoning
- Garam Masala, Cumin, Coriander
What to Add to Roasted Veggies for a Complete Meal:
I love making bowls with roasted veggies, especially with Cilantro Jalapeno Hummus & salad greens ! Here are some other great add ins to make your roasted veggies a more wholesome meal:
- Cheese: goat cheese, crumbled feta, or generous sprinkle of pecorino romano
- Grains: like cooked brown rice, farro, quinoa
- Nuts: toasted walnuts, pine nuts, pecans, or sliced almonds
- Herbs: mint, parsley, basil, cilantro, rosemary
- Something sweet: drizzle of honey or balsamic glaze does wonders!