Indulge in the comforting flavors of my cauliflower soup! I love a one pot meal and this soup is fairly quick, simple and so satisfying. The herby green oil elevates this dish and adds the perfect brightness to it so be sure not to skip it! This velvety and nourishing soup is made with perfectly tender cauliflower, aromatic spices, and a touch of sour cream for added creaminess and brightness. With its earthy notes and a hint of sweetness, this soup is the ultimate comfort food for ANY day whether it is soup season or not! Cozy up and let this soup warm your heart and leave you craving for seconds 🙂
How to Prep in Advance:
- Peel the garlic a few days ahead and keep refrigerated. You can also use a mini food processor to blend up a big batch of garlic and keep it in the fridge for a few days or store in the freezer in ice cube trays like these (love that they have a lid!) and just pop a cube of fresh garlic out when you need it!.
- You can cut the cauliflower a couple days ahead and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. I’m a huge fan of the Rubbermaid Brilliance Storage Containers. They stack really well and keep air out to keep your food fresher longer.
What you’ll need:
The full list of ingredients and tools are listed in the recipe but here are a few favorite brand specific items that are personal faves!
- Vegetable Broth
- Lucini Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Global Vegetable Knife for chopping! My favorite!
- Le Creuset Cast-Iron Signature Round Dutch Oven
- Microplane for finer and faster grating- this gets garlic into a beautiful paste!
- To make chopping onions super easy, I love my Vegetable Chopper!
- High Speed Blender – I love my Vitamix!
Additional Ingredients and Swaps:
- Top with a spoonful of your favorite pesto, or harissa for a quick shortcut!
- For added crunch top with a handful of pita chips or croutons
- Skip the sour cream and add in Greek Yogurt instead or for a dairy free version use canned coconut milk or dairy free sour cream
Check out more of my favorite soup recipes:
Creamy Orzo and White Bean Soup
Upgraded Campbells Tomato Soup
Instant Pot Vegetable and Orzo Soup
As always, if you enjoy this recipe I’d love for you to leave a comment on this blog post or tag me in you IG stories @thechutneylife ! Happy Eating!
Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into medium-sized florets
- 6 cloves garlic, grated
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 6 oz gruyere cheese, coarsely grated (reserving a couple teaspoons for garnish if desired)
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup parsely, finely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, grated with a microplane
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Heat a large Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add the olive oil, bay leaf, and diced onions. Cook the onions for 3-4 minutes until they are softened and the edges begin to turn golden.
- Add the cauliflower, salt and garlic. Stir well. Add 4 cups of vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Once it comes to a boil, place a lid on the pot, set heat to medium-low, and let ingredients simmer while covered for about 25 minutes or until the cauliflower is fork tender.
- Remove from the heat and use a ladle to transfer everything to a blender, working in batches and pureeing until completely smooth.
- With the heat set to low, pour the blended soup back into the pot, whisk in the sour cream, stir, and add the gruyere cheese one handful at a time. Mix well after each addition to ensure the cheese is well melted.
- Toss in the garam masala and cumin powder and mix well. Taste and adjust salt if necessary.
- For the topping, combine the ingredients in a small bowl, mix well, and spoon about 1 tbsp of the mixture over each serving of soup just before serving! Additionally top the soup with a handful of pita chips or croutons for extra crunch!
Leave A Comment