These spiced apple cider sparklers are the perfect drink for fall! I love going to my local farm to pick up some apple cider, and then taking it home to add my own special touch- which is exactly what I did for this recipe! It’s an easy way to enjoy something that’s festive, tastes delicious and doesn’t require too much effort.
I add spices like cardamom, cinnamon and star anise to this because it really pairs so well with the the taste and sweet apple cider. Hope you all enjoy this recipe! If you’re serving this to more than just a few people I suggest leaving the spiced cider in a pitcher and whatever sparkly beverage you choose to top it off with (sparkling cider, champagne, prosecco etc) on the side so people can top it off with whatever they choose. A splash of brandy (pear brandy or apple brandy) would work extremely well in this drink too so don’t be afraid to experiment!
Spiced Apple Cider Sparkler
- 1/2 gallon Apple Cider
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 5 cardamom pods
- 3 star anise
- 1 large 3-4 inch knob of ginger, peeled and sliced thin
- 1/4 cup cup Cointreu (or any orange flavored liqueur)
- sliced apples for garnish
- sparkling beverage of choice (champagne, prosecco or sparkling cider)
- In a large pot over medium high heat combine 4 cups of the apple cider with all of the whole spices and ginger. Bring to a slow simmer and let simmer for about 15 minutes until the cider has reduced in half. Should yeild about 2 cups.
- Strain the spices and ginger (you can reserve the cinnamon, star anise and ginger to use as garnishes). Let the spiced cider cool and add to the rest of the apple cider, along with the Cointreu and stir well to combine. Optional to chill in a a glass pitcher in the fridge.
- Serve over ice in a tall glass filled 3/4 of the way with spiced apple cider and top off remaning 1/4 with prosecco, champagne, or sparkling apple cider & enjoy!
Leave A Comment