I know I know, how many Mexican Fusion dishes can I seriously come up with? The answer is TOO MANY! I’ve been cooking up this idea of a Mexican inspired Sabudana Khichdi for so long and I’m so excited to finally have perfected it enough to share with you all! I love the texture of Sabudana, I love the simplicity of it and I love how versatile it can be. Even Shaan baby enjoyed this recipe! You can add a ton more veggies to it or even a handful of black beans would be delicious! I
Tips to Prevent Sticky Sabudana:
- Rinse the sabudana thoroughly before soaking, about 2-3 times until you get clear liquid. The excess starch is what makes it clumpy so don’t skip this step!
- Soak the sabudana in a 1:1 ratio. Too much water will make them clumpy. My recipe calls for 1.5 cups sabudana and 1.5 cups water. The water should be just over the top of the sabudana once soaked.
How to Quick Soak Sabudana:
If you forgot to soak the sabudana over night, following the steps below:
- Rinse the sabudana thoroughly (wash about 2-3 times until you get clear liquid). Drain the liquid and lace in a deep bowl.
- Heat 2-3 cups of water until it is boiling hot. It’s convenient to do this in a hot water kettle or right on the stove.
- Pour 1.5 cups of the hot water on top of the sabudana and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, press a few of the sabudana between your fingers- they should be soft.
- Drain the sabudana , rinse with cold water and transfer the sabudana to a wide colander or spread out in a large pan until the sabudana is completely dry (about 15-20 minutes).
If you all try this recipe, you know I love to see so please tag me on @thechutneylife! Happy Eating <3