I’ve been using my Philips Air Fryer for quite some time now and leave it on the counter daily to whip everything from meats to vegetables, and of course paneer! If you follow me on @thechutneylife, you know I rely on this totally “worth it” appliance almost daily!
Why Use an Air Fryer?
I find the “set it and forget it” method with the air fryer to be very convenient but moreover, you’re able to achieve a wonderful “crisp” that is sometimes just not possible in the oven.
What other recipes can I try in the air fryer?
My famous Chimichangas with Queso and Tandoori Potatoes are two dishes you can easily whip up in the air fryer!
How to Make Paneer in the Air Fryer:
First, I marinate the paneer in yogurt and besan which gives it a great flavor and texture and really helps get the paneer to be soft. Then I add in my spices like tandoori masala and garam masala along with fresh garlic and ginger. You can use just about any spices you have like cumin or coriander and it will be delicious!
Pro Tip: To keep paneer or anything else “wet” in the air fryer from sticking to your basket, line your air fryer basket with a piece of parchment paper! This helps clean up and sticky mess and is completely safe!
Which Air Fryer Is the Best?
I get this question often and there are so many great models on the market. I was gifted my Philips Air Fryer a few years back , long before air fryers were super popular! Now there are a ton of different ones on the market, many of them offering dual functions like this Cuisinart Toaster Oven & Air Fryer Combo. If you have a personal favorite of your own, please feel free to leave it in the comments section of this blog?
What can I make with this air fryer paneer?
- Serve it with my Cilantro Chutney or famous Cilantro Jalapeño Sauce
- Use it in a wrap like my Paneer Kathi Rolls
- Serve it with my Haryali Fried Rice & Hakka Noodles for a complete meal
How to make paneer in the oven?
Set your oven to a low broil and after marinating the paneer, spread it out on a large rimmed baking sheet. Cook your paneer until it starts to get golden brown in spots and is soft. Depending on your oven this could take up to 15 minutes. Set a time for about 5-7 minutes to avoid over-browning. Follow the rest of the steps as listed.
Air Fryer Paneer Tikka
Yield 4 Servings
1 14 oz Package of paneer, cut into small cubes
1/2 cup yogurt
1 tbsp garlic, minced
3 tbsp besan flour
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 tbsp Swad Tandoori Masala
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp chat masaala
1 tsp ginger, grated
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp oil
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
For the Stir Fry:
1 tbsp oil
1/2 red bell pepper, cut into large squares
1/2 red onion, cut into large squares
1/2 green bell pepper, cut into large squares
1 tsp cumin
1 clove garlic, grated
1 tsp tandoori masala
pinch of salt
- Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix all of the paneer marinade ingredients minus the paneer. Once the mixture is well combined, add the paneer cubes and toss to coat well.
- Line the inner basket of the air fryer with parchment paper and using tongs or a fork, place each cube of paneer one at a time to ensure each cube has plenty of space around it.
- Set the air fryer to 9 minutes at 360 degrees.
- Meanwhile, set a large skillet over high heat. Once the pan is very hot, add the bell peppers and onions (without any oil) to the pan and let them get charred. You can hold down a spatula over the peppers and onions to get a nice sear. Once you've achieved this, turn the heat off, remove the peppers and onions into a separate plate bowl.
- In the same skillet, once it has cooled down to medium low heat, add oil and cumin seeds. Once the cumin seeds splutter, add the garlic, tandoori masala, salt and stir for a few minutes so the garlic doesn't burn. Add in the charred peppers and onions, stir and turn off the heat.
- Once the paneer is ready, open the air fryer basket, brush the paneer lightly with oil or cooking spray and cook for another 3-5 minutes- depending on how brown you like your paneer.
- Combine the paneer with the onions and peppers and serve hot !!
Can I sub chicken instead?