It’s safe to say that during the hot summer months, most of us want non fussy, satisfying meals that don’t leave us feeling weighed down and lethargic. Whelp, this 30 Minute Mediterranean Flatbread with Hummus is a no cook meal that will leave you feeling great and your tastebuds wanting more! I love how simple this recipe is and aside from a weeknight meal, or lunch- it’s great for entertaining too! You could totally make your own hummus for this but I love making a “semi-homemade” version by doctoring up store-bought hummus. It’s so much quicker and packs a ton of flavor!
How to make Mediterranean Flatbreads:
- Start with a storebosugh flatbread or pizza crust like Stone Fire naan (my fave!)
- Hummus is the base of this and you can buy store bought plain hummus and make my semi homemade version (recipe listed below) or make my Cilantro Hummus from scratch. Tip: I love picking up a fresh batch of hummus from a local restaurant- it’s so much better than packaged!
- The topping for the pizza is chopped cucumbers, tomatoes, red onions with fresh herbs and garlic. Feel free to add other veggies of your choice like spinach, grilled zucchini, or some grilled chicken ! You can also add a grain like bulgur or wheat berry for added protein!
Here are more of my favorite weeknight recipes :
Tandoori Veggie Quesadillas // Taco Pizza // Shiitake Mushroom Cheesesteaks
I hope you all enjoy this recipe and if you make it, be sure to tag @thechutneylife because I LOVE seeing your creations and what you’ve been upto in the kitchen!
30 minute Mediterranean Flatbread with Hummus
Yield 2 Servings
1 Flatbread or Pizza Crust
Tomato Cucumber Topping:
- 1 medium sized tomato, diced small
- 2/3 cup cucumber, diced small
- 1/4 cup finely sliced red onion
- 1 tbsp dill, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder aka cayenne
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup spinach, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup prepared/store bought hummus
- 2-3 green chilis, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Make the Hummus:
- In a food processor or small chopper add the garlic, cilantro, and green chilis. Pulse until everything is finely diced. Add the hummus, olive oil and blend until everything is smooth. Set aside.
Make the Cucumber Tomato Topping:
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and toss together. Let this mixture sit for about 10-15 minutes for the flavors to marinate well.
Assemble the pizza
- If you like a crispy crust or flatbread, preheat the oven to 350 and place the flatbread or cooked pizza crust in the oven, directly on the rack for about 8 minutes or until crisp.
- Remove from the oven, spread generously with hummus all over, top with the cucumber tomato topping and serve immediately!
Leave A Comment