Butternut Squash Pizza with Caramelized Tandoori Onions & Curried Goat Cheese
Yield 4 Servings
Roasted Butternut Squash:
- 2 lb Butternut Squash, Peeled, deseeded and cut into small 1/2 inch cube
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- salt & pepper
Curried Goat Cheese Spread:
- 4.5 oz package plain goat cheese
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cayenne powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 3 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
Caramelized Tandoori Onions:
- 2 white onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp tandoori masala
- Stone Fire Tandoori Naan or Pizza Crusts or pizza base of your choice
- 1 cup shredded mozarella
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss together all ingredients listed under "roasted butternut squash" in a large bowl with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a large baking sheet and arrange in a single layer. Roast for 20 minutes and remove from oven.
- Meanwhile in a food processor, combine all the ingredients for the curried goat cheese until mixed well (soften the goat cheese ahead of time to make this easier). It should be smooth and not crumbly.
- To prepare the onions, heat a large heavy bottom cast iron or stainless steel skillet over medium heat. Add the oil, butter and the onions. Let the onions cook for about 5-7 minutes on medium heat. The onions should be browning slowly (not burning). Adjust the heat to low if they're browning too fast. Add salt and continue to cook, stirring often. Once you start to smell a sweet aroma, and the onions look golden brown add the tandoori masala and continue to cook for an additional 5-7 minutes. If they are getting too brown- add just a splash of water and continue to cook on low. Remove from heat.
- To prepare the pizza spread each naan or pizza base with the goat cheese, top with tandoori onions and then the butternut squash. Brush the outer edges of the pizza with oil or spray with pam before baking.
- Sprinkle mozzarella over the pizza and bake at 350 for about 10 minutes until hot and crisp. You can bake directly on an oven rack, a baking sheet or a perforated pizza pan or pizza stone.
- Enjoy hot!!