I apologize for the delay in posting these Kebabs!! So many of you have been asking for this after seeing me make it on my IG story and I’m excited to finally share this recipe with you! These kebabs are a staple in my weekly menu, especially when my husband and I are trying to be healthy, this is one of my go-to “meal prep” recipes.
I like to serve these with my Cilantro Jalapeño Sauce and tandoori onions. You could serve these on a bed of rice, on top of a salad, or cut them up and wrap them up in paratha or some naan for a delicious sandwich! They are extremely versatile and sooo flavorful!
Yield 4-6 Servings
- 2 lbs. ground chicken
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp minced ginger
- 2 tbsp finely chopped green chilis
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp coriander-cumin powder
- 1 tbsp Shaan Lahori Fish Seasoning
- 1tsp salt
- 2 tbsp Oil
2 tbsp melted butter mixed with 1 tsp chaat masala
- Combine all ingredients, besides the oil, in a large bowl. Use a large fork or your hands to make sure everything is mixed well together.
- Spread your hands with a drizzle of oil, take about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture at a time and roll it into a long kebab onto a skewer. (If you don't have kebab skewers, just roll them into long logs).
- Heat a skillet on medium high heat and add oil. When hot, add 2-3 rolled kebabs at a time and cook on all sides, turning frequently until the kebab is fully cooked through (about 10-12 minutes).
- Remove from skillet, drizzle or brush with the chaat masala and butter glaze and serve hot with chutney, onions, lemon wedges and more chopped fresh cilantro.
Courses Appetizers, Dinner
Is there anything to substitute for the lahori fish seasoning?
Hey, there is a similar seasoning called Fish Seasoning by Shaan if you can find that. I haven’t tried any substitutes, but I have made these kebabs plenty of times without this and they still turn out great!
Hi Palak! All of your recipes are amazing. Can the fish seasoning be omitted altogether?
Yes it can! I’ve made it before without this and the kebabs have still been good!
Hi Palak , can this be made ahead of time ?
Hey yes it can! I usually make the meat mixture and refrigerate it for 24 hours (tastes even better this way!)
Hi! Can you use the same marinade for lamb instead of chicken?
yes! This would be great with lamb too!
Hi chutney life,
When buying ground chicken what is the fat ratio that is ideal?
Hey! I like to use 93% lean !
Hi! What brand garam masala do you use?
Thank you for sharing this recipe…it looks amazing. I was actually looking to make ground chicken at home. Do you think I should make with chicken breast or thigh or little bit of both?
Hey! I think using a little bit of both will give you a nice kebab- not too lean and not too fatty 🙂
Can this be frozen for meal prep? Should I freeze the meat mixture or should I freeze it after cooking and cooling it?
hey! I would freeze just the meat, and then roll the kebabs when you are ready!
Hi Palak! What are your thoughts on baking these?
Where do you buy your mince chicken from ?
Hey I buy ground chicken from my local grocery store!