Hey guys !! Today I’m sharing this amazing Chicken Tikka Pizza recipe with you. This is something I make ALL the time because its incredibly easy to make, and to serve to a crowd. I use ready made pizza crust but of course you could use your own. My fave brands are Stone Fire and Brooklyn Bread- both brands crisp up nicely while still remaining soft- and they really hold up well to the heaviness of the chicken. You could also try a whole wheat or gluten free pizza crust if you have any allergies or want to make it a little healthier. Of course, you could skip the crust all together and have this chicken with some brown rice/quinoa and the yogurt sauce!
This chicken is best when it is marinated overnight or at the least 3 hours so try to plan ahead of time. This would make for a great thanksgiving appetizer. You can marinate the chicken the day before serving and the yogurt sauce can be made about 2 days in advance so it saves you time.
I hope you all enjoy this recipe!!
Chicken Tikka Pizza w/ Curry Lime Yogurt
Yield 3-4 Servings
3 tbsp yogurt, whole milk (full fat)
1 tsp chili powder
2 tbsp Swad Tandoori Masala
2 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp garam masala
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
salt to taste
2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into small strips
2 serrano chilis, diced
1/4 cup cilantro chopped
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 tbsp garlic minced
1 tbsp ginger, minced
1 large onion diced
1/2 cup green bell pepper diced
1/2 cup red bell pepper diced
2 tbsp oil
1 cup Monterey Jack or Mozzarella, shredded
3 tbsp cream cheese
1 tsp Chili Garlic Paste (I use Prakash Thetcha Chutney)
Prepared Pizza Crust ( I used Brooklyn Bred )
Curry Lime Yogurt Sauce:
Combine the following :
1 cup plain whole milk yogurt
2 tbsp tahini
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp curry powder
1 tbsp honey
2 tsp siracha
1 lime, juiced
1/2 lime zested
salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine the first eight ingredients well and add the chicken. Let it marinate refrigerated for unto 3 hours or at least 3 hours.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add oil. Once oil is hot, add cumin and serrano peppers.
- Add the onion and cook until translucent. Add the chicken along with all of the marinade into the pan and cook for 10-15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and is cooked through completely.
- Combine the cream cheese with the chili garlic paste and spread it onto the pizza base. Top with a bed of spinach or arugula and place chicken on top. Add chopped bell peppers to chicken and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Place pizza on a perforated pizza pan or regular baking pan and bake for 15 minutes until cheese is melted and remove from oven.
- Top with yogurt sauce and fresh cilantro. Cut into squares, serve hot.
*For a Crispier crust, brush the crust with olive oil and bake directly on the oven rack for 8-10 minutes before adding any toppings. Remove from oven, assemble pizza and re bake to melt cheese.