Chili Paneer Pizza
Yield 2 Pizzas
3 tbsp All Purpose Flour
2 tbsp corn flour
1/2 cup water
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 serrano chili , cut into long strips
4 tbsp oil
1 red bell pepper, medium diced
1 green bell pepper, medium diced
1 onion, medium diced
14 oz. Paneer, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1 inch ginger, peeled
7 whole dried red chili peppers
3 tsp Ching's Paneer Chili Masala
1 tbsp Ching's Chili Sauce
1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
1 tsp rice wine vinegar or plain vinegar
1 tsp Swad Tandoori Masala
1/4 cup scallions, sliced
1-2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
Drizzle of Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
Pizza Base of your choice - I use Stone Fire Pizza
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, soak the dried red chilis, ginger in 1/4 cup very hot water and let sit for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes- blend this mixture until smooth.
- In a large bowl, whisk together water, all purpose flour, corn flour, salt and pepper until it is mixed well. It should be not too thick and not too thin. Toss the paneer into this mixture until its all coated.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 4 tbsp oil. Once the oil is hot transfer the paneer to the pan (one by one- with a fork or a slotted spoon- draining out the excess flour water mixture)
- Fry the paneer on both sides until golden brown and remove to a plate lined with paper towels as you finish frying them.
- In a deep wok or pot, heat 3 tbsp oil over medium heat. Add the sliced green chilis and let them splutter for a few seconds. Then add the ginger/chili mixture and cook on medium heat- stirring continuously for 4-5 minutes or until the liquid has reduced by about a half.
- Add the bell peppers and onions and cook for another 3-4 minutes (you want them to have a crisp texture- so do not over cook them). Add the chopped garlic and keep stirring for 3-4 minutes (you don't want the garlic to brown).
- Add the chili masala, chili sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, vinegar, tandoori masala, honey and keep stirring. If it looks like you need more liquid-- add water in small amounts as you go. Turn the heat to medium/low so the sauces to not burn and continue to slowly thicken.
- Add the paneer cubes to the pot and toss together well.
- If you like a crispier pizza crust-spread a little bit of oil on the pizza base and bake for about 6-8 minutes on a wire rack or pizza stone first. Remove the pizza base from the oven and spread the chili paneer evenly over the base. Spreading the base with store bough pizza sauce is an option here too if you choose.
- Spread shredded mozzarella generously over the chili paneer, top with sliced scallions and bake for about 8-10 minutes until the cheese has melted and pizza is crisp. Broil on low if you like to brown your cheese/toppings.
- Remove from oven, slice, drizzle with thai sweet chili sauce and serve hot!