Corn & Black Bean Dip
- 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 red bell pepper, diced small
- 1 green bell pepper, diced small
- 3 serranos or jalaremos, finely diced
- 4 cups shredded cheese ( I used a blend of pepper jack, cheddar & monterey jack)
- 14.4 oz bag frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons cayenne
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sriracha or more to taste
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt 1 tbsp oil and 2 tablespoon of the butter in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat and add the diced serranos/jalapenos and let splutter for a few seconds then add the red and green peppers.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the peppers are softened.
- Add garlic and continue to cook for 3-4 more minutes until garlic is fragrant
- Add the corn, spices, salt & pepper and stir to incorporate. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add Black beans, cilantro, siracha, stir and remove from heat.
- Transfer to oven safe baking dish and add the mayonnaise, shredded cheese (reserving some cheese for topping), milk and stir well.
- Top with cheese and bake until bubbly and golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve hot with tortilla chips!
Optional: Some pico de gallo or chopped jalapenos makes for a great garnish!