This creamy dreamy corn dip is the one dish I am always summoned to make at family parties. During the summer, I love to use fresh sweet corn but in the winter time, hell with it…frozen corn tastes just as good and cuts the prep time in half which equals wayyyy less mess in the kitchen for you to clean up. The best thing about this dip is you can use it so many different ways. I usually just serve it with some tortilla chips but friends who I’ve shared this recipe with have even used it as a filling for enchiladas! I like everything a little spicy so a few dashes of your favorite hot sauce or topping it off with freshly jalapenos will do the trick.
Corn & Black Bean Dip
- 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 red bell pepper, diced small
- 1 green bell pepper, diced small
- 3 serranos or jalaremos, finely diced
- 4 cups shredded cheese ( I used a blend of pepper jack, cheddar & monterey jack)
- 14.4 oz bag frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons cayenne
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sriracha or more to taste
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt 1 tbsp oil and 2 tablespoon of the butter in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat and add the diced serranos/jalapenos and let splutter for a few seconds then add the red and green peppers.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the peppers are softened.
- Add garlic and continue to cook for 3-4 more minutes until garlic is fragrant
- Add the corn, spices, salt & pepper and stir to incorporate. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add Black beans, cilantro, siracha, stir and remove from heat.
- Transfer to oven safe baking dish and add the mayonnaise, shredded cheese (reserving some cheese for topping), milk and stir well.
- Top with cheese and bake until bubbly and golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve hot with tortilla chips!
Optional: Some pico de gallo or chopped jalapenos makes for a great garnish!