So I didn’t realize just how easy these curried egg salad sandwiches were until I started writing out the recipe and realized there were two steps: mix the ingredients & boil the eggs ! HA! This has got to be the absolute simplest recipe I’ve posted on my blog but it’s a darn good one! I’ve been making a version of this my doctoring up store bought egg salad, but this version was so much more delicious and not that much more work so I’ll be adding it into my weekly rotation!
This is a perfect option for those wanting easier weekday meals, snack options but its even MORE perfect for brunches and showers! If you’re hosting a bridal shower or baby shower and need some easy fusion appetizers, this curried egg salad would make for a easy bridal shower appetizer ! You can serve it on mini croissants, or on top of crostini and top it off with some sliced scallions or arugula to make it look more fancy and BAM you’ve got a dish you don’t need to reheat or keep warm to serve!
Egg salad will be good in the fridge for about 2-3 days! If you’re making this to snack on- it tastes delicious on top of some saltines! If you want more heat in it- add in more jalapeños or a spicier green chili and it will give you the right amount of spice!
As always, Happy Eating! <3
Curried Egg Salad Sandwiches
Yield 4 Servings
- 1 cup mayo ( I prefer Hellman's Mayo)
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic (3-4 cloves)
- 1/2 tsp cayenne powder
- 1.5 tsp curry powder ( I prefer McCormick's)
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno or serrano chili, finely diced (optional for more spice)
- 6 boiled eggs, chopped
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the ingredients except the eggs.
- Add in the boiled chopped eggs, mix together well and serve! Great on a croissant, between bread or on enjoy on crackers for a great snack.