I’ve literally made this recipe 3 different ways before finally landing on one that I was absolutely ready to share with you all. I love me a good jalapeño popper but I didn’t want to do the scary deep frying and I wanted a lot more flavor than the typical breaded jalapeño poppers. I set out to make something that had crunch, a real roasted jalapeño flavor and a stuffing of spicy garlicky cream cheese.
Well, all I will say is that it’s quite impossible to only eat one of these. I kept reaching for more and this cream cheese is EVERYTHING. So even if you don’t make anything else at all, just make the cream cheese, slap it on a bagel and call it a day! Or inside a wonton wrapper and In the air fryer! It was soooo good I need all of you to try it !
These stuffed jalapeños would be great for a game day snack, or just as an appetizer or friday night treat! As always, if you make them be sure to tag me on @thechutneylife so I can see all of your wonderful creations. Happy Eating !
Jalapeños Stuffed with Spicy Scallion Cream Cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup diced scallions
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 2 serrano chilis, roughly chopped
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- 8-10 jalapenos
- 1 cup shredded mozarella or monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed sour cream and onion potato chips
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Slice the jalapenos lengthwise so you have two long pieces. Use a small spoon to carefully scoop out the seeds from the jalapenos. Place the jalapenos on a large baking sheet and place skin side down. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes so the jalapenos are slightly soft and brown in spots but stoll hold their shape. After 10 minutes, remove from oven and let cool
- Meanwhile, to make the scallion cream cheese, blend the garlic, cream cheese, scallions, serranos and taco seasoning in a small food processor until completely smooth.
- One the jalapenos are cooled, use a small spoon to spread the cream cheese mixture into each hollowed out jalapeno. Do not overfill.Spread each jalapeno with a sprinkle of cheese, place on to a large baking sheet and place into the oven on low broil for 5 minutes. Place the baking sheet on the lowest rack in the oven.
- Bake the jalapenos until the cheese is melted and and bubbly
- Remove from oven and top each jalapeno with crushed potato chips. Serve imeddiately !!
Leave A Comment