If you’re like me and you go to ANY restaurant and elotes aka mexican style street corn is on the menu- its an obvious HELL YES! I mean what’s not to like about it? You guys already know how much I love mayo and mexican food so this is a no brainer!
I took the easy way out and used frozen corn but its summer time and you can get some bangin’ corn right now- so please feel free to use fresh corn on the cob- grill it and then shave off the kernels and make this ! You can also microwave ears of corn in a wet paper towel and then using tongs- grill it over an open gas burner on your stove!
If you’re going to make it for a large gathering- tiny little disposable cups and mini spoons is a great idea- or just serve it in a giant bowl! I used this mexican street corn on top of this Black Bean & Quinoa Burger because im extra AF and have no limits to what I will top a burger with. #liveyolife
Oh and if you love corn, try out my Masala Corn Toasts– or the dip I make every year during the holidays- Corn Dip (its creamy cheesy corn delicousness!!)
Enjoy the recipe and as always- Happy Eating 🙂
Mexican Street Corn
Yield 3-4 Servings
16 oz. bag frozen corn
1/3 cup finely diced red bell pepper
1/3 cup finely diced green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 3 large garlic cloves- grated
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced (1 serrano if you like it spicy)
- 1/3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tsp paprika (1 tsp chili powder if you want extra spice)
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2/3 cup mayo
- 1 tbsp finely chopped pickled jalapenos
- 3 tbsp juice from pickled jalapeno jar
- 1/4 cup cotija cheese crumbled
- drizzle of sriracha
- black pepper to taste
- squeeze of lime
- Rinse frozen corn in a colander and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet on medium high heat and add small drizzle of oil. Add the corn in a single layer and let it cook until the corn kernels begin to brown. This will take a few minutes but continue to cook until all of the corn is evenly charred.
- Remove the corn from the heat and combine with the rest of the ingredients. Serve with extra garnish of cilantro, cotija and lime juice if you like.
Love this! How many ounces of corn are in the bag you used? Or approximately how many cups? I buy the giant bags of corn from Costco. 🙄
Hey it was a 16 oz bag of frozen corn.
Street corn is one of my favorites and I’m drooling just reading through this recipe! If you’re using fresh corn, how many ears of corn should we use?
Hi, thank you for the easy recipe…. can we sub mayo for anything else?
Hey, if you don’t eat mayo because of the eggs- I would suggest trying a vegan mayo option first! You can also try mixing part sour cream and part yogurt but there will be a difference in the taste compared to mayo.
Hey there! Is this good to prep the day before the party?