Moroccan Roasted Eggplant & Zucchini Cous Cous
Yield 2 Servings
1 cup cous cous, uncooked
1 zucchini, diced
1 small eggplant diced
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, grated
1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
2 tsp Moroccan Seasoning
- Cook 1 cup cous cous according to package directions, until fluffy.Remove from heat & transfer into large serving bowl and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spread a large baking sheet with the zucchini and eggplant tossed in 1-2 tbsp olive oil, salt & pepper. Roast for about 20 minutes, turning once in between or until vegetables are golden brown on both sides. Remove from oven and immediately toss with 1 tsp garlic powder and 1 tsp moroccan seasoning.
- To the cous cous, add 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, mint, parsley, remaining 1 tsp moroccan seasoning, and salt. Toss well and taste. It should have a bright lemon flavor and hints of the herbs- so add more of any ingredient to your liking.
- Add the roasted vegetables to the cous cous and gently combine.
- Enjoy as a warm or cold salad, or side dish!