Meal time cannot always involve a million steps. There are days I need something satisfying, slightly fancy, but QUICK. Thats when I reach for a “toast” of some sort and one of my favorites is this Quick & Easy Caprese Toast. I’m using ciabatta rolls in this recipe from my local bakery but you could surely use up any bread you have- I’ve made this on a simple hoagie roll and its been delicious! The trick is to make sure you toast up the bread first so it is sturdy enough to handle the weight and juiciness of the tomatoes ! I especially love how bright and fresh these tomatoes are, tossed with simple ingredients like arugula, olive oil and garlic!
We make this for a quick dinner sometimes, or lunch or even if you’re grilling this would be great! You could pre marinate the tomato mixture and then grill the bread !! I hope you all enjoy this recipe!
Happy Eating! 🙂
Quick & Easy Caprese Toasts
Yield 2 Servings
- 2 ciabatta rolls
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (I love Lucini Italia Premium Select)
- Mozzarella cheese
- Balsamic Glaze
In a bowl mix together the following:
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes; diced into quarters
- ¼ cup arugula
- Handful basil leaves (about 18-20 leaves, roughly chopped)
- ¼ tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove crushed garlic (finely grated)
- Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 °F
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil, and crushed garlic cloves, and with a brush or spoon spread on to sliced ciabatta rolls.
- Place rolls, cut side up, on a baking tray and bake for 3-4 minutes in the oven until they are slightly crisp and remove from oven. Now, add sliced mozzarella rounds onto the ciabatta and place back in the oven on a low broil for about 3-4 minutes until the mozzarella is melted and slightly brown in places. Keep a close eye on this as it could burn easily.
- Once the mozzarella is melted, remove it from the oven, top with the tomato mixture and then drizzle the balsamic glaze all over.
- Serve hot and fresh with extra dash of red chili flakes on top if you like!
Leave A Comment