To say that I am OBSESSED with this hummus would be an understatement. I made this, and then for 20 minutes reveled in its deliciousness spoon after spoon ( you saw this first hand if you follow my IG stories). First off, its incredibly creamy. Second, the toasted pine nuts with harissa add the perfect crunch factor ! Last but not least, the addition of feta brings the entire dish together with just the right amount of freshness and tang!
I cannot wait to serve this over the holidays with lots of different crackers, chips, pita toasts or spread it in some wraps! Ahh the possibilities are ENDLESS with this. Plus how beautiful would this green color be during a Christmas party?
This is one of those things you are going to want to make a LOT of so you can indulge in it all week long! I was seriously obsessed with it. If you can, make sure you use the best extra virgin olive oil you have for this, it is worth it!
Scallion & Cilantro Hummus with Harissa Toasted Pine Nuts & Feta
Yield 4-6 Servings
1 Can chickpeas, drained
2 Jalapeños, diced
1 cup scallions, diced
1 cup cilantro, chopped
2 tbsp evoo +1/4 cup evoo
1 tsp cumin powder
3 garlic cloves, finely minced
1 tbsp lime juice
1/4 cup pine nuts
1/2 tsp Harissa Seasoning
2-3 Tbsp Feta cheese, crumbled
2 tbsp tahini paste
- Heat a small sauce pan or frying pan on medium high eat and add 2 tbsp oil.
- Once oil is hot, add scallions, cilantro, jalapeños, salt, cumin and garlic. Stir and continue to cook just for 3-4 minutes, until garlic is no longer raw.
- Remove from heat and transfer to blender. Add chickpeas and tahini to blender. Blend all ingredients while slowly drizzling in olive oil, stopping to scrape down sides as needed.
- Heat another skillet on medium high heat and add pine nuts. Carefully toast the pine nuts so they are golden in color (about 2-3 minutes). Remove from heat and immediately toss with Harissa seasoning.
- Serve Hummus with toasted pine nuts, crumbled feta and drizzle of good quality olive oil.