Scallion & Cilantro Hummus with Harissa Toasted Pine Nuts & Feta
Yield 4-6 Servings
1 Can chickpeas, drained
2 Jalapeños, diced
1 cup scallions, diced
1 cup cilantro, chopped
2 tbsp evoo +1/4 cup evoo
1 tsp cumin powder
3 garlic cloves, finely minced
1 tbsp lime juice
1/4 cup pine nuts
1/2 tsp Harissa Seasoning
2-3 Tbsp Feta cheese, crumbled
2 tbsp tahini paste
- Heat a small sauce pan or frying pan on medium high eat and add 2 tbsp oil.
- Once oil is hot, add scallions, cilantro, jalapeños, salt, cumin and garlic. Stir and continue to cook just for 3-4 minutes, until garlic is no longer raw.
- Remove from heat and transfer to blender. Add chickpeas and tahini to blender. Blend all ingredients while slowly drizzling in olive oil, stopping to scrape down sides as needed.
- Heat another skillet on medium high heat and add pine nuts. Carefully toast the pine nuts so they are golden in color (about 2-3 minutes). Remove from heat and immediately toss with Harissa seasoning.
- Serve Hummus with toasted pine nuts, crumbled feta and drizzle of good quality olive oil.
Recipe by The Chutney Life at https://thechutneylife.com/recipes/appetizers/scallion-cilantro-hummus-with-harissa-toasted-pine-nuts-feta/