Slow Cooker Jalapeño Chicken Taquitos
Yield 12 Taquitos
4 Chicken Breasts, chopped into thirds
8 oz cream cheese
1 cup sour cream
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
2 tsp cumin powder
5 jalapeños, finely diced
2 cans diced green chilis (4.5 oz cans)
1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
salt & pepper to taste
- Place chicken breasts in a 2-3 quart slow cooker.
- Add salt, pepper, cream cheese, sour cream, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin powder, jalapeños and diced green chilis.
- Cover and cook for 4-6 hours on high, stirring once in between.
- Unplug the crockpot, add the chopped cilantro and cheese to the chicken. Using two forks, shred the chicken in the crock pot.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spoon the shredded chicken horizontally across the center of the tortilla and roll it up tightly.
- Place all the rolled up tortillas on a parchment sheet and generously brush the tortillas with oil or spray with cooking spray.
- Bake the taquitos for about 8 minutes or until tortillas are golden!
Serve with salsa, gauc and sour cream!
TIP: To keep the taquitos from getting soggy, transfer them onto a baking rack after removing them from the oven.
Recipe by The Chutney Life at https://thechutneylife.com/recipes/appetizers/super-bowl-series-slow-cooker-jalapeno-chicken-taquitos/