Brown Rice with Shiitake Mushrooms, Bok Choy & Kimchi
Yield 3-4 Servings
- 3.5 oz box shiitake mushrooms, sliced (about 2 cups)
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 cup kimchi, roughly chopped
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 2 bunches baby bok choy chopped (cut off bottom 1-2 inch hard stems)
- 1 cup sliced red bell peppers (cut into short strips)
- 2-3 tbs oil
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add oil.
- Once oil is hot, add the carrots, mushrooms, and red peppers and saute until mushrooms release their liquid and are fork tender. Add the bok choy, garlic, ginger, chili flakes and continue to stir until peppers have slightly softened and bok choy has wilted.
- Add the cooked brown rice, kimchi and stir well. Taste for salt and add as needed. (Kimchi has salt so rice may not need it).
- Top with scallions, and enjoy hot! Add a drizzle of siracha for more heat!