I’m not sure why I’m just NOW sharing this recipe but if you follow me on Instagram, you know how often I make these! They are SO irresistible, easy, and delicious!! I usually wing it when it comes to the seasoning and they always come out great so have fun with these and add the spices you like, but do not skip or replace the Swad Tandoori masala with anything else 🙂
I usually serve these kathi rolls with my Cilantro Jalapeño Sauce but this time I decided to whip up a zesty cilantro and mint chutney which really brightens this dish up and works well against the smokiness of the chicken. You could also use a ready-made spread/dressing of your choice if you want to spend less time in the kitchen! I also prefer to use flaky frozen parathas from the Asian grocery store like these Kawan Parathas but if you can make that roti round or know how to make paratha yourself, totally go for it!! In my opinion, the paratha holds up a lot better and sturdier to the sauciness of the chicken and chutney versus a thinner roti.
Hope you guys enjoy this recipe! 🙂
Chicken Kathi Rolls with Cilantro Mint Chutney
Yield 2-4 Servings
1.5 lbs skinless boneless chicken breasts , cut into small pieces
1 small red onion, sliced
1 small red bell pepper, sliced
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
Parathas/Roti (your choice of wrap)
1 tbsp coriander-cumin powder
1 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp fennel powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tbsp Swad Tandoori Masala
1 tbsp yogurt
salt to taste
Cilantro Mint Chutney
Combine following in a blender or food processor :
1.5 cups roughly chopped cialntro
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp sugar
1/2 cup mint leaves
1/3 cup yogurt
squeeze of fresh lemon juice
2 serrano chilis
3 cloves garlic
1/4 cup water
- In a large bowl combine chicken with all ingredients listed under chicken marinade, mix well and set aside.
- In a large skillet heat oil on medium heat and add cumin seeds. Once the cumin seeds begin to splutter, add the sliced onions and peppers and cook until slightly softened (about 3-5 minutes).
- Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally until chicken is no longer pink (about 10-12 minutes).
- Remove chicken from heat and set aside.
- Heat up your choice of wrap (roti, frozen paratha etc), spread with chutney, top with the chicken and fresh chopped cilantro and tightly wrap. Serve hot with additional chutney for dipping!