Chicken Kathi Rolls with Cilantro Mint Chutney
Yield 2-4 Servings
1.5 lbs skinless boneless chicken breasts , cut into small pieces
1 small red onion, sliced
1 small red bell pepper, sliced
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
Parathas/Roti (your choice of wrap)
1 tbsp coriander-cumin powder
1 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp fennel powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tbsp Swad Tandoori Masala
1 tbsp yogurt
salt to taste
Cilantro Mint Chutney
Combine following in a blender or food processor :
1.5 cups roughly chopped cialntro
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp sugar
1/2 cup mint leaves
1/3 cup yogurt
squeeze of fresh lemon juice
2 serrano chilis
3 cloves garlic
1/4 cup water
- In a large bowl combine chicken with all ingredients listed under chicken marinade, mix well and set aside.
- In a large skillet heat oil on medium heat and add cumin seeds. Once the cumin seeds begin to splutter, add the sliced onions and peppers and cook until slightly softened (about 3-5 minutes).
- Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally until chicken is no longer pink (about 10-12 minutes).
- Remove chicken from heat and set aside.
- Heat up your choice of wrap (roti, frozen paratha etc), spread with chutney, top with the chicken and fresh chopped cilantro and tightly wrap. Serve hot with additional chutney for dipping!