One Pan Enchilada Quinoa
Yield 2-4 Servings
2 10 oz. cans Old El Paso Enchilada Sauce
1 cup quinoa, uncooked
1 small onion, diced
1 small red bell pepper, diced
1 jalapeno, diced small
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 Tbsp Taco Seasoning
1/4 cup chopped scallions
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp oil
2 Tbsp Sour Cream
1/4 cup shredded mexican blend cheese
Optional Add In's: Few Dashes Hot Sauce, Cilantro, Black Beans, Corn.
- Heat a large skillet or pot over medium high heat and add oil.
- Add cumin to the pan and let splutter. Add jalapeños and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add onions, peppers, garlic and taco seasoning to the pan and saute until onions and peppers are slightly softened.
- Add quinoa, enchilada sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover lid and let cook for about 15 minutes. Check in between and stir if necessary (add splash of water if needed).
- Once the quinoa has cooked, add in the scallions, cheese, sour cream and serve immediately while hot!
Recipe by The Chutney Life at https://thechutneylife.com/recipes/dinner/enchiladaquinoa/