I love lamb, but it is the one thing I never really make at home. I think its because for most of my life my mom forbid me from making any kind of red meat in our home, so I never dared (moms can be scary when you don’t listen!) lol. Either way, if I’m out at a restaurant and lamb chops are on the menu, you better believe that is what I am going to order!
I also love lamb burgers so I wanted to make one that had some mediterranean flair because those flavors are inredibly bright and zesty paired with the savoriness of lamb. If you’ve never had tzatziki- think of it as the greek cousin of raita! LOL! I added some feta into mine because I love cheese and I didn’t want to ruin this burger with the sliced stuff!
Hope you guys enjoy this recipe as much as I do.
Mediterranean Lamb Burgers with Feta Tzatziki
Yield 4-6 Burgers
- 1.5 lbs fresh ground lamb
- 1/4 cup mint leaves (about 15 leaves)
- 3/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 serrano peppers
- 1 tbsp oregano, fresh
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1/2 Lemon, squeezed
- Burger Buns
- Sliced Onions & Tomatoes for garnish
- 2-3 tbsp oil
In a bowl, combine the following:
- 2 cucumbers, finely diced
- 1/4 cup dill, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced finely
- 1 tsp mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cup yogurt, full fat (whole milk yogurt)
- 1/4 cup feta, crumbled
- Salt to taste
- In a food processor or blender, combine the parsley, mint, garlic, serrano peppers, and oregano. Blend until well mixed.
- Add blended herbs, coriander, cumin, salt and lemon juice to the ground lamb and mix gently using your hand.
- Heat a grill pan or skillet on medium high heat and add 1-2 tbsp oil. Form lamb mixture into patties and grill or cook on a skillet for 6-8 minutes on each side for fully cooked burger. (cook less if you prefer medium/medium well).
- Place patty on a grilled bun, top with tzatziki sauce, sliced onions, tomatoes and serve hot!
Lamb has a special place in our home, because it s the first thing I ever cooked for the hubs. These burgers look bomb and pistachio feta pesto? GIMME DAT! Pinned!