So excited to be sharing this Paneer Masala recipe with you today! This dish packs in so much flavor without having to spend hours marinating it- or grilling it – and bonus points it doesn’t require a ton of ingredients ! I love this recipe because its easy to whip up on a weeknight, its a lot lighter than a paneer tikka masala and overall just super delicious and satisfying. It’s also incredibly versatile- which means you don’t have to eat it the traditional way with roti/naan/ paratha- but instead enjoy it on a pizza, in a calzone, or just as part of a veggie bowl!
Hope you enjoy this recipe and if you try it, be sure to tag me on @thechutenylife !
For the Paneer:
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1.5 cups finely diced onions (1 large red onion)
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp Kasuri methi
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper (cut into large squares)
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper (cut into large squares)
- 12 oz paneer cubed
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup corn
- In a large pot over medium high heat add the oil. Once the oil is hot add the cumin seeds and let them splutter for a few seconds.
- Add the diced onions and cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes until the onions are golden. I like to add a pinch of salt to the onions to help them cook faster.
- Now add the garlic, ginger, and all the spices except for Kasuri methi, red bell peppers, green bell peppers and mix well. Stir this for about 2 minutes so everything has a chance to mix well and then add 1/2 cup of water , mix well and place a lid on the pot. Reduce heat to low and let this cook covered for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and give everything a good mix and now add the cubed paneer, corn, cilantro, kasuri methi and salt. Stir and taste for salt- adjust as needed. Place a lid on the pot and let it cook for an additional 5 minutes!
- Serve hot with paratha and or rice!