Tandoori Veggie Quesadillas
Yield 4 Servings
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1 red onion, sliced
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp taco seasoning
1 tbsp garlic, minced
2 jalapeños, finely diced (Use serrano or thai chilis for more heat)
2.5 tsp Swad Tandoori Seasoning
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 cup frozen corn, rinsed and thawed
Salt to taste
2 tbsp oil
1 package shredded mexican blend cheese
1 package flour tortillas
Optional Thecha Chutney Spread:
Mix the following:
1/4 cup cream cheese
2 tsp of Prakash Thecha Chutney **
**Prakash thecha chutney can be substitute with 4 cloves of garlic grated + 2 tsp red chili powder) or sriracha sauce**
- Heat a large wide skillet over medium high heat. Add oil. Once oil is hot add the cumin seeds and let splutter for about 10-15 seconds. Add the jalapeños and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add the sliced peppers and onions and saute until slightly softened (about 4-5 minutes)
- Add the garlic, and stir for a few minutes until garlic is aromatic. Then add the dry seasonings, a pinch of salt and continue to stir- reduce heat to low so the spices do not burn.
- Add the rinsed corn, cilantro and stir well. Add or adjust salt. Remove from heat.
- In a large pan heat up a little bit of oil and add one tortilla spread with a layer of the cream cheese mixture. Top with cheese, a few spoonfuls of the veggie filling, additional cheese and another tortilla on top. Flight the quesadilla so the tortillas are golden brown on each side. Remove from heat, cut and serve hot!