Thai Penang Curry w. Chicken
2 Cans Organic Coconut Milk, Full Fat Unsweetened
4 Tbsp Maesri Penang Curry Paste
1.5 lbs chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
2 tbsp soy sauce
1btsp minced garlic
1tbsp minced ginger
1 teaspoon fish sauce
1 tbsp palm sugar
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp chili flakes
20 basil leaves
3-4 Kaffir Lime Leaves (optional)
- To make the curry, warm a large skillet with deep sides over medium heat. Once it’s hot, add the coconut milk and bring it to a boil
- Reduce heat to a simmer and add curry paste. Cook for about 5-8 minutes.
- Add the ginger and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds, while stirring continuously.
- Add chicken, soy sauce, peppers, paprika, fish sauce, chili flakes and palm sugar. Cook on medium to low heat for about 20 minutes to let the flavors really develop.
- Add torn basil leaves and divide curry into bowls.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro, lime wedges, and a sprinkle of chili flakes.
Recipe by The Chutney Life at https://thechutneylife.com/recipes/dinner/thai-penang-curry-w-chicken/