- 1.5 Cans Old El Paso Enchilada Sauce (10 oz. cans)
- 1 Teaspoon Dhana-Jiru Powder (i.e. 1/2 tsp. ground coriander powder + 1/2 tsp cumin powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 2/3 cup finely diced onion
- Heat enchilada sauce in a large skillet over medium high heat and bring to a slow simmer.
- Add spices and whisk until sauce is smooth.
- Crack eggs into the sauce, leaving about an inch between each egg. Using a spatula gently make an X shape in the yolk being careful not to mix the eggs too much.
- Cover the pan for about 10-15 minutes and cook on low heat until the eggs are just set. (I don’t like runny eggs so I shake the pan until I see the eggs are not jiggling!)
- Top with onions, cheese and cilantro. Remove from heat.
- Serve hot & enjoy :)
Recipe by The Chutney Life at https://thechutneylife.com/recipes/enchilada-eggs/