Freezer Friendly Spinach Puree
Yield 3 Cups
9 oz. bag spinach leaves
1/2 cup roughly chopped cilantro
1 cup water
1 tsp cumin seeds
4 cloves garlic, peeled
1/2 inch piece inch ginger
- Place half of the spinach leaves into the blender along with the garlic,ginger, cumin and cilantro with a pinch of salt and 1/2 cup of water.
- Puree the mixture until smooth and reduced and then add the remainder of the spinach, water and continue to blend.
- If you need to, stop in between to scrape down the sides of the blender few times to get the mixture moving without having to add water.
- Pour the mixture into freezer safe trays and use as needed.
- To defrost, simply place from freezer into fridge for 24 hours or until softened. Alternatively frozen puree can be microwaved until soft.
Recipe by The Chutney Life at https://thechutneylife.com/recipes/freezer-friendly-spinach-puree/