I have shared this Garlic Chutney with all of you on @thechutneylife SO many times because I seriously put it on everything!! It’s something my Masi has made her entire life and one of those things she got me hooked on. It tastes delicious with just about anything and everything from roti, to avocado toast, to grilled cheese – the list goes on! I hope you all enjoy it and if you get around to making it, please be sure to tag me in your posts so I can see! Happy Eating 🙂
READ THESE TIPS:
- I highly suggest grating the garlic by hand with a microplane to get the most paste-like consistency. Throwing it in a food processor will leave the garlic with too much bite.
- Use a neutral oil like canola oil instead of a potent oil like olive oil- it will alter the taste too much
- Make a double batch, you will thank me later.
- You can refrigerate this, but thanks to the oil and salt content it will also be just fine in an airtight container left on your kitchen counter (as long as you keep your house pretty cool).
What to Eat Garlic Chutney With:
- 2 tbsp grated garlic cloves
- 2-3 tbsp oil (vegetable or canola, less or more oil based on preference)
- 1 tsp red chili powder (cayenne aka lal mirch)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Combine the grated garlic, cayenne pepper (lal mirch powder), salt and oil in a small bowl and mix well.