Grilled Chicken with Chimichurri
Yield 2 Servings
- 1 cup parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup scallions, sliced thin
- 1 jalapeno roughly chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
- 6-8 mint leaves
- few sprigs oregano & basil (optional)
- pinch black pepper
- salt to taste
1 lb. chicken (2 chicken breasts)
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp olive oil
salt to taste
For the Chimichurri:
- In a food processor or mini chopper, combine the cilantro, parsley, garlic, mint and jalapeno. Pulse until all the ingredients are finely chopped. You do not want to blend it into a paste.
- Empty the contents of the food processor into a large bowl and add the olive oil, red wine vinegar, scallions, salt & chili flakes. Taste- and add any additional salt, vinegar or herbs per your liking. Set Aside. DO not refrigerate.
For the Chicken:
- Place the chicken breast into a ziploc bag or cover with plastic wrap and using a meat tenderizer/mallet pound the chicken until it is even in thickness.
- Remove the chicken breasts and place into a shallow dish. Sprinkle both sides of the breast evenly with the uncle t's seasoning, salt, and balsamic vinegar. (Option to marinate or make immediately).
- Heat a skillet like this Calphalon Grill Pan over medium high heat. Once it is hot, use tongs to place both chicken breasts in the pan and let cook for about 2-3 minutes until the chicken has grill marks/char.
- Flip the chicken breasts and let the other side char for about 2-3 minutes. Once both sides are charred, use a dome like this Cuisinart Melting Dome or simply place a lid over the pan for 3-4 minutest.
- Uncover, cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. You can slice one chicken breast to ensure it is completely cooked.
- Remove the chicken from the pan, place on a cutting board and let it sit for a few minutes. Slice the chicken into strips or serve whole with chimichurri generously drizzled on top.
- Optional: place any veggies like asparagus and cherry tomatoes (add salt) in the same pan as the chicken and cook for a few minutes until it is slightly browned. Serve as a quick side.