Let me start by saying THANK YOU to everyone who tuned in to watch me on Amazon LIVE as I made a Mother’s Day Inspired Brunch ! One of the recipes on that LIVE was this delicious Instant Pot Blueberry French Toast Casserole that I am so excited to share with you today! It comes together super easy, is packed with so much flavor and I hope you all enjoy it as much as my family did!
What Kind of Bread to Use:
Ideally Challah or Brioche is the best! Try to get a bread that is not pre sliced so you can cut it into thick slices and then big cubes for this french toast. A bread that is too soft or not hearty enough will become way too soggy so try to find Challah or Brioche at your local supermarket- it shouldn’t be too hard to find!
What is the casserole you are using inside the Instant Pot?
I’ve used this Corningware 1.5 qt Casserole dish that can be placed right inside of the Instant Pot on top of the rack insert that the Instant Pot comes with! Please be sure to use the rack! You cannot place the casserole directly into the pot! These casseroles are so nice because you can bake in them and also serve in them!
Instant Pot Blueberry Cardamom French Toast Casserole
- 4-5 cups of cubed Challah or Brioche Bread cut into one inch cubes
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup bluberries
- 2 eggs
- 1 lemon zested
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- tinypinch of salt
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all of th eingredients except for the bread and blueberries.
- Grease a 1.5 quart Corningware casserole dish with butter or cooking spray and place the cubed bread inside of it. Pour the egg and cream mixture all over the bread, add in the bluberries, slightly pressing down on some as you toss them in. Use a spatula to mix this well so all of the bread is coated.
- Wrap the casserole securely with aluminum foil. Place two cups of water in the Instant Pot and place the metal rack (that comes with the Instant Pot) inside. Place the casserole ontop of the rack. Close the lid on the Instant Pot, and high pressure cook for 30 minutes. Once the Instant Pot has finished pressure cooking, quick release after 15 minutes and open the lid carefully. Once it cools down slightly, use oven mits to remove the rack and casserole from the Instant Pot.
- Open up the foil. Let it rest for about 5 minutes and then serve warm with some additional lemon zest on top and a sprinkle of confectioner's sugar and side of maple syrup! If you want a more golden crisp top, you can place the casserole under the broiler in the oven for 2-3 minute as well.