Listen, I love me a one pot meal but sometimes I feel like they can be underwhelming and especially Instant Pot Meals- they can be a little “too healthy” or too boring so I set out to make something super comforting while still being a little healthy-ish.
Traditional minestrone soup is made with vegetables, kidney beans and some pasta- it’s one of my favorite soups because it has a lot of texture and so for this version in the Instant pot I wanted to make sure the soup was creamy but had a lots of texture and bite! Since it’s an “a la vodka” pasta – it mimics that creamy delicious vodka sauce we all love over some penne but don’t worry you cannot get drunk off of this and the alcohol in the vodka gets cooked off so you only get the taste and not the buzz, lol!
How to make this on a stove top:
Follow all of the directions and measurements as is and where I instruct to put the Instant Pressure on high pressure cook mode, you will simply just place a lid on the pot and cook until the pasta is al dente (use the directions on the box).
Here are some more of my favorite Instant Pot Recipes:
I hope you all enjoy this recipe and be sure to tag me on @thechutneylife because I absolutely love seeing all of your creations! Happy Eating!
Instant Pot Minestrone a la Vodka
- 1 cup carrots, diced small
- 1 cup shallots, diced small
- 1 cup celery, diced small
- 1 zucchini, cut thin into half moon shapes
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1.5 cups penne pasta (or other pasta)
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp basil, finely chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Turn the Instant Pot onto saute mode. Once it is hot add 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil. Next add the shallots and saute for 1-2 minutes. Add the diced carrots, celery, and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes until slightly softened.
- Next add the garlic, oregano, chili flakes, thyme, garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes until garlic is fragrant but not browned. Next add the tomato paste and continue to cook and stir for 3-4 minutes until well combined.
- Add the vodka, stir for about 2-3 minutes until it is reduced. Add the broth, paprika, pasta, bay leaves, salt, and close the lid. Place on high pressure cook mode for 6 minutes and quick release as soon as the Instant Pot beeps.
- Open the Instant Pot, turn it back on to saute mode and add in the water, marinara, chopped zucchini, drained kidney beans and cover with a lid. Continue to cook for an additional 6-8 minutes until the zucchini has softened and the pasta is cooked (cook longer if necessary).
- Once the pasta and zucchini is fully cooked, add the fresh basil, cream, and paremesan. Stir to incorporate well. Give it a taste and adjust if you want more spice or salt (add chili flakes for more spice)