Here’s a recipe I make quite often because its super simple and works great as a packed lunch for Shaan! The key in this recipe is pounding out the chicken breast so its super thin, which means it not only cooks super quick, but it also will be easy for little ones to eat! I add broccoli into this quesadilla but you can add all sorts of grated veggies like carrots, chopped spinach, or chopped peppers. It’s also a great recipe to add in herbs like scallions, cilantro and parsley.
I could make quesadillas a million different ways so don’t be afraid to try your own version of this! Also be sure to check out these other super popular toddler recipes!
Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Quinoa
Instant Pot Vegetable Orzo Soup
Broccoli Quinoa and Kale Tikki
Chicken Broccoli Quesadillas
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 cup grated broccoli
- 2 tbsp salsa
- 2 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- shredded cheese for quesadillas
- t tortillas for quesadillas
- Place your chicken breast in a large ziploc bag and seal it closed. Using a meat tenderizer or heavy bottom pan, pound the chicken breast out until it is even in thickness and rather thin. The thinner and more even it is- the faster it will cook.
- Remove the chicken breast from the ziplock and place into a large dish or pan. Sprinkle the garlic powder, cumin powder, oregano, salt, and paprika all over it and spread the two tsp of oil evenly on both sides.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and once it is hot, use tongs to place the chicken breast on the pan. Let it cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side until the chicken breast is completely cooked through. Remove from heat and transfer to a cutting board. After the chicken is rested for 2-3 minutes chop the breast into small cubes or bite sized pieces.
- Transfer the cooked chicken to a bowl and add the salsa, broccoli and cilantro to the bowl. Toss to mix well.
- Assemble quesadillas by heating up a skillet with a little bit of oil, adding the tortilla to it, topping it evenly across with shredded cheese and a couple spoonfuls of the chicken mixture, and then with more cheese on top. Place another tortilla on top and let it cook until the cheese begins to melt and the bottom tortilla begins to get golden. Flip, let cook and continue until you've used up all your ingredients.
- Enjoy hot !
Leave A Comment