This blog post is a paid partnership with SEED, but as always, all opinions are my own.
Today we’re talking about gut health and all the wonderful things you can do to support it! I’ve made a ton of changes to my diet and lifestyle in this last year- because it was one that really forced me to take into account how I was feeling- which for a long time was honestly sluggish and tired. As a food blogger, I knew so much of this had to do with what I was putting inside of my body. I decided to take small steps, keep myself accountable and not overwhelm myself with crazy lifestyle changes. A little warm lemon water in the morning, a probiotic, and getting in my greens was where I decided to start.
To keep healthy, I also realized I needed to maintain a healthier gut. So, I’ve partnered with Seed to curate these delicious Roasted Sweet Potato & Greek Yogurt bowls that I’ve loved making for myself over the past few months. Foods like sweet potatoes, carrots, and cassava are not only delicious, they’re also great sources of vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals, and fiber! More importantly, root vegetables have potent prebiotic properties, feeding the beneficial bacteria in our colon and supporting a healthy composition of gut microbes!
One way to support whole-body health, including gut health, is through diversifying the number of fruits and vegetables you consume in your diet. These bowls are a great way to incorporate important-macro and micronutrients that contribute to a well-balanced diet and support the health of your microbiome. I love including greek yogurt in these bowls because not only does it contain active cultures that are beneficial for gut health & immune system health, but it also has important nutrients, such as calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium and protein, which work together to promote strong, healthy bones!
No matter what you suffer from, it all begins with a healthy gut at the end of the day. I want to thank Seed for educating me on the importance of microbiome-friendly foods and working with me to develop this recipe. If you’re interested in learning more about Seed and trying their Daily Synbiotic — a clinically and scientifically studied pre-and-probiotic — click here and use PALAK15 for 15% off your first month’s supply.
Roasted Sweet Potato Bowls with Greek Yogurt & Honey:
- 2 Sweet Potatoes, peeled and diced into 1 inch cubes (about 5 cups)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- Toppings: Greek Yogurt, Craisins, Honey & Pumpkin Seeds
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine the sweet potatoes, olive oil, salt, curry powder, cumin powder, and garlic powder.
- Transfer the potatoes to a large rimmed baking sheet in an even layer. Place in the middle rack of the oven and roast for about 20 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are golden brown on the bottom.
- Remove from the oven.
- To assemble the bowls, spoon about ¼ cup of greek yogurt into each serving bowl, top with sweet potatoes and garnish with a handful of craisins, pumpkin seeds & drizzle with honey.