These bowls have essentially four parts 4 to them :
- Grains = I used farro but you can subsitute this with quinoa, lentils, wheat berry, brown rice etc.
- Greens = I used a combo of bowl & basket (from Shoprite) Chopped Sesame Asian Salad Kit & Spring Mix
- Vegetables = I used roasted red peppers and sweet potatoes but you can use any combination of raw and or roasted vegetables!
- Dressing = I always prefer a homemade dressing thats high in good fats and full of flavor!
Salad & Grain Bowl with Spicy Cashew Dressing
Yield 4 Servings
1 Package Bowl & Basket Chopped Asian Salad Kit
1 cup Farro, cooked according to package directions
1 Package Bowl & Basket Spring Mix
1 Sweet Potato, diced
1 Red Bell pepper, Diced
2 tbsp Bowl & Basket Avocado Oil
½ tsp curry powder
½ tsp garlic powder
Salt & pepper
Optional Add ins: Shredded carrots, chopped cucumbers, chopped cherry tomatoes, chopped broccoli, chopped green beans
Spicy Cashew Dressing:
1/3 cup cashew butter
2 tbsp. Bowl & Basket Avocado Oil
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar or rice wine vinegar
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
2 tsp crushed red chili flakes
4-5 tbsp. water
1 lime, juiced
3 cloves garlic, grated on a microplane or fine grater
1 tsp chili garlic sauce like Sambal Olek or Sriracha
¼ cup cilantro roughly chopped
4-5 tbsp water
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Toss the sweet potatoes and bell peppers with Bowl & Basket Avocado Oil, curry powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Lay on a baking sheet and place in the middle rack of the oven to roast for about 20-25 minutes until potatoes are fork tender. Remove from heat.
2. While the vegetables roast, make the dressing. Combine all of the ingredients except the cilantro and water in a food processor or blender until smooth. Add water 1 tbsp. at a time, mixing after each addition until you achieve the a creamy consistency that is easy to stir and pour. Finally, add the cilantro and pulse or blend just so the cilantro is mixed well. Remove and set aside.
3. Make a bowl by combing 1/3 cup of the cooked farro, with 1 cup of the Bowl & Basket Chopped Asian Salad, (include the sliced almonds and wonton strips) and 1 cup of Bowl & Basket Spring Mix. Toss with additional veggies of your choice.
4. Add a few tbsp. of the spicy cashew dressing into the bowl, stir well, and enjoy! Make additional bowls as needed.