I looooveee peanut sauce, peanut noodles, any sort of dish that balances that nutty flavor of peanut butter with something spicy, and zesty. It’s the combination of sweet spicy and salt that does it for me, and these peanut noodles are absolutely bursting with all of these flavors in every single bite!
I served these with my Kung Pao Brussels Sprouts tossed in and it totally made the dish more hearty and filling and added a great texture!! If you want to really round out the meal you can serve these with my Vegetable Potstickers and Edamame and Broccoli Fried Rice !
I made these using San Giorgio HomeStyle Fettuccine Pasta and they had a great texture!
What I love most about this dish is that the sauce comes together in a food processor/blender and so it makes very little mess/clean up ! I also used egg based noodles in this dish which have just barely two ingredients in them and I love the texture. When I cannot get to the Asian market for some authentic noodles these really work as a great replacement! You can find them at most grocery stores, usually in the form of fettuccini/linguini and they’re shaped into little nests. If you cannot find egg noodles, rice noodles or regular pasta works great too! A thin spaghetti is ideal!
Optional Add Ins & Swaps:
- Bok Choy, Cabbage, Peppers, Asparagus, Peas would be a great addition in this pasta!
- Swap the peanut butter for a more nutritious option like almond butter or cashew butter
- If you can’t find egg noodles, try this dish with some regular pasta like thin spaghetti !
- To make this toddler friendly, just leave out the spice!
Anyway, I hope you enjoy these and if you do make them be sure to tag me on @thechutneylife so I can see all of your wonderful creations! Happy Eating 🙂
Spicy Peanut Noodles
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 inch piece ginger, peeled
- 1 tsp honey
- 8.8 oz egg noodles or pasta of your choice ( I used San Giorgio Homestle Fettuccine)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 scallions, diced (white and green parts separated)
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- salt to taste
- pomegranate arils for garnish (optional but delicious)
- In a food processor or blender combine all of the ingredients for the peanut sauce until completely smooth and set aside.
- Boil the pasta according to package directions and drain.
- In a large skillet or pot heat two tbsp of oil over medium high heat. Once the oil is hot add the scallion whites, minced ginger, minced garlic and stir for about 30 seconds until they are fragrant but not browned.
- Next add the bell peppers and stir for about 1-2 minutes until slightly softened. Reduce the heat to low and toss in the peanut sauce. Add in the remaining vegetable broth in small splashes, stirring after each addition. The more broth you add the saucier the noodles will be.
- Garnish with remaining chili flakes, sesame seeds and scallions. Taste for salt and adjust as needed.
- Enjoy hot or cold, tastes delicious with my kung pao brussels sprouts tossed in or on the side!
Leave A Comment