Aright, if you follow me on @thechutneylife you see me use my air fryer almost daily. Normally, I fill it up with cauliflower, peppers, and zucchini tossed with olive oil, garlic powder, and curry powder. But of course I was getting a little tired of the same old mid day meal and thought I’d try out some potatoes in the air fryer because ya girl wanted some damn carbs. These would also be great for a fun and fusion Thanksgiving side dish instead of regular potatoes! You can make a big batch and roast them in the oven with some cubed bell peppers and onions too! Just place them in a sheet pan, bake at 425 covered for about 20 minutes and then uncovered for about 20 minutes, rotating the pan once in between and checking to see when they are fork tender!
Want to make these for Thanksgiving?
- Double or Triple the recipe and add a few tbsp of butter along with the olive oil before you roast them.
- Add chopped onions, red peppers and green peppers (they add color, texture and flavor). Be sure to cut them into larger squares since they will cook a lot quicker than the potatoes.
- Roast them on a sheet pan in the oven at 425 degrees (covered for the first 15-20 minutes- you can just cover the sheet pan with aluminum foil) and then roast uncovered for about 20 minutes or until they are fork tender.
If you’re looking for an air fryer, there are a ton of great options on the market and I have this Philips Avance XL Fryer! Is it worth the counter space? TOTALLY. It has encouraged me to eat so many more veggies throughout the day and is perfect because you can set it and forget it. Often times when you’re roasting things in the oven, you have to rotate the pan or check on the veggies, etc so I find the air fryer to be a little easier.
These potatoes would be a great side dish to my Chimichurri Chicken or serve them as breakfast potatoes with my Egg Bhurji Sandwiches!
hope you enjoy this recipe, happy eating 🙂
Tandoori Air Fryer Potatoes
15 Red Baby Potatoes, quartered.
1-2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 tbsp Swad Tandoori Masala
1/2 tsp cajun seasoning
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp fresh chopped chives
1 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
1 tbsp butter
small squeeze lemon juice
1/4 cup or more Pecorino Romano (option garnish)
- Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees.
- Toss the quartered potatoes with olive oil, tandoori seasoning, garlic powder, and cajun season. Potatoes should be well coated with olive oil but not in excess.
- Place the potatoes in the air fryer basket and set timer for 10 minutes at 390 degrees.
- Meanwhile, chop the chives, cilantro and melt the butter.
- After 10 minutes, open the air fryer, stir and continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Open the air fryer, potatoes should be fork tender, and crisp. Remove from the air fryer, toss into a large bowl along with the melted butter, chives, cilantro and squeeze of lime. Sprinkle with freshly grated pecorino romano cheese (optional).
- Serve immediately. Taste for salt (especially if not adding the pecorino romano)
Leave A Comment