Tandoori Chicken Quesadillas, Pineapple Salsa
For the Chicken Marinade, Combine the following:
3 Tbsp plain yogurt
1 tsp chili powder
2 tsp cumin powder
1 tbsp Tandoori Masala
1 tbsp garlic, minced
1 tbsp ginger, minced/grated
2 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp garam masala
2 lbs chicken breast, sliced into thin strips
Salt & Pepper to taste
Squeeze of fresh lemon
To cook the chicken:
1 Tsp Cumin seeds
2 jalapeños, diced small
1/2 cup cilantro, washed and chopped
1 cup red bell pepper, sliced
1 cup green bell pepper, sliced
Few Dashes Hot Sauce (I use Cholula)
2 cups shredded cheese (I used pepper jack and cheddar)
1.5 tbsp oil
Combine the following:
1/2 cup cream cheese
1 tbsp thetcha garlic chutney
Combine the following and let sit for 15-20 minutes:
1 cup pineapple, diced small
1 jalapeno, diced small (Use Serrano if you like it spicier)
1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
2 tbsp red bell pepper, finely diced
1.5 tbsp honey
2 tsp rice wine vinegar
1/2 cup cilantro
Juice of 1/2 lime
- In a large bowl add the yogurt, spices and chicken and mix well to combine ingredients.
- Heat a large non stick skillet over medium high heat and once hot add oil and cumin seeds.
- Add chicken along with all of the marinade/sauce.
- Cook, stirring continuously until chicken has almost cooked through.
- Add sliced red peppers and green peppers and continue to cook until peppers are just slightly softened and chicken has cooked all the way through.
- Add a few dashes of your favorite hot sauce, and remove chicken from heat.
Assembling the Quesadillas:
- Heat a large non stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add oil and once hot add a tortilla that has been spread evenly with the "spicy spread".
- Top half of the tortilla with shredded cheese first, then top with cooked chicken and top again with more shredded cheese.
- Fold the other half over the chicken and cheese mix and cook until both sides of quesadillas are golden brown.
- Remove from heat, slice into thirds with a pizza cutter or knife.
- Serve hot with fresh pineapple salsa!!