Listen, I’m all about toddler recipes that can be made in batches so there is less work, clean up and over all fussiness. These egg, quinoa and broccoli bites are tasty, pack great nutrition and honestly they’re also very adult friendly. I had a few muffins to myself, shared a few with a local friend and the rest went right in Shaan baby’s cute little belly.
How to Make Chees Egg, Quinoa & Broccoli Muffins :
- Preheat the Oven to 350 degrees.
- Use a food processor for the broccoli and its SO easy and quick. If you don’t have a food processor, a mini chopper works great, or you can give it a few pulses in a blender, but remember you don’t want puree. You could also use a large knife to chop it all up finely.
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions. I cooked 1/2 cup of uncooked quinoa (according to your package directions) and with whatever cooked quinoa I didn’t use up, I tossed into Shaans other meals like pastas and salads.
Want to check out my favorite kitchen essentials? Check out this master list here where you can find all my faves!
How to Store:
- I keep the muffins in a tupperware container for about 2-3 days in the fridge and they’ve done great! You can serve these cold, right out of the fridge, or pop them in the microwave for about 15 seconds or warm up on a stove.
- If you are freezing them, layer them in one layer with strips of parchment paper between each layer. You can simply just pop them in the microwave when ready to serve.
Also check out my other favorite toddler recipes : Veggie & Rice Soup, Chicken Soup, & Turmeric Pasta!
Cheesy Quinoa, Broccoli & Egg Bites
Yield 20 mini muffins
- 1 cup cooked Quinoa
- 1 cup broccoli that has been finely chopped in a food processor
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar or mexican blend)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp garlic, grated finely
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- pinch of salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Place 3-4 cups of roughly chopped broccoli florets in food processor until you yield onecup of finely chopped, crumbly broccoli
3. In a large mixing bowl, mix together all of the ingredients until everything is well incorporated
4. Lightly grease a mini muffin tin, scoop out mixture into each well so its filled but not overflowing
5. Bake for 15 minutes in oven. Remove from oven and use a butter knife to remove the muffins from the pan once they have slightly cooled
6.Refrigerate or freeze muffins.
Leave A Comment