After seeing what a hit my toddler friendly Broccoli Cheddar Quinoa was with families, I was on a mission to create another easy quinoa recipe that was packed with veggies, and easy ingredients you’ll likely have on hand. In all seriousness, I’ve found that if I make quinoa saucy and cheesy enough- even the quinoa haters in my family will devour it!
If you want to make this more adult friendly, all you have to do is add in some crushed red chili flakes for spice and it’s delicious! This recipe works really well for meal prep as it can be placed in the refrigerator for up to a week!
Here are some other super toddler friendly recipes:
I hope you all enjoy this recipe and if you make it, be sure to tag me on @thechutneylife so I can see your wonderful creations! Happy Eating 🙂
Instant Pot Caprese Quinoa
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup vegetable broth (or water)
- 1 zucchini, diced small
- 1/2 cup onion, diced small
- 3-4 cloves garlic, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp oregano or dried italian seasoning
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup marinara sauce (I prefer Rao's Arrabiatta )
- handful fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- Turn the instant pot on to saute mode and add the olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the onion and zucchini and saute for a few minutes until they are slightly softened.
- Add the garlic, oregano and stir for an additional 2-3 minutes until the garlic is fragrant. Next, add the rinsed quinoa, along with the broth and hit cancel on the IP mode. Switch the IP to High Pressure Cook mode for one minute. After the IP is done pressure cooking, and it beeps, quick release after a 5 minute cool down period.
- Open the lid on the IP, switch the IP to saute mode and add in the spinach, parmesan, marinara sauce and basil. Stir and combine, and let cook for an additional 4-5 minutes until the quinoa is slightly thickened.
- Optionally, to make it more adult friendly you can add in some crushed red pepper! Enjoy Hot!