Toddler Friendly Turmeric & Ginger Pasta
- 2 cups pasta uncooked (large pasta like rotini, penne, works best)
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp ginger, finely grated
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup peas (optional)
- Salt (optional)
- 2-3 tbsp butter, avocado oil, or ghee
- 1/4 cup of shredded cheese
- Heat a large pot of water until boiling and add pasta. Cook pasta until soft but not falling a part. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil or butter in a large skillet/pan over medium heat (being careful to not brown the butter). Once the oil is hot or the butter is melted, add the cumin seeds, and ginger. Stir continuously, incorporating the ginger well into the oil until it is fragrant (about 2-3 minutes).
- Once you've cooked the ginger for a few minutes, add the chopped tomatoes, and turmeric powder and continue to cook for a few more minutes until the tomatoes look soft. You can use a potato masher or back of spoon to break up the tomatoes if needed.
- Add the peas, pinch of salt if you're adding it, and once the peas are soft, add the pasta.
- Stir everything together well and lastly, add the cheese. You can add more or less depending on your preference. Serve hot!
Recipe by The Chutney Life at https://thechutneylife.com/recipes/toddler-friendly-turmeric-ginger-pasta/